One of my bosses daughter Kaitlyn who also works with me sometimes in the office is getting married (this Saturday) it was kind of a quick planned thing on a tight budget. I had offered once before to take some maternity shots for her once she gets further along in her pregnancy so when they decided they wanted to get married she asked if I would take pictures at her wedding. I also offered to take some engagement pictures so they could have some fun ones displayed at their reception since I think its a fun & inexpensive way to decorate, cause who doesn't like to look at pictures of the bride and groom!? So Kate & Joe went out with me on Sunday & let me boss them around as I pretended like I knew what I was doing! It was so much fun! I'm so glad they let me indulge in my new interest, by being the perfect candidates for my first little photo-shoot! Plus now I feel a little more confident about taking pictures on their actual big day!
Here are some of my favorites:
I think they turned out pretty decent for just a wanna-be-photgrapher! Plus I have tons of fun finding new places to take photos and editing the pictures. (Although, I was just informed that a TRUE photographer shouldn't have to edit pictures at all because the original will be just THAT good... so I guess I have a long ways to go!) If anything this was just what I needed to boost my confidence in this new hobby so that maybe I can start taking the steps necessary to become legit!
Thanks again Kait & Joe! I'm excited for Saturday!!
Nice pictures! And though I'm just a "hobbiest photographer" and have been for 10 years or so... I'm sure there are only a very few select TRUE photographers out there that don't edit their pictures, so don't worry about it! Most of the "pro" photographers out there throw out handfuls of bad pictures and edit most of the rest, in general getting only a few "perfect" shots in a shoot. Photography is an AWESOME hobby to have, and as any thing in life, practice is what will get you to your best. For what it is worth I think you did a great job for a 1st shoot! The most important thing is to just have fun with it! Hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment Chelsea! I may have to learn a thing or two from your photography work! :)
ReplyDelete