title pic

title pic

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We Quit our Jobs!!

So as most know, Jonathan and I were working at Fitness 19 together and were starting to learn more about how life would be for us if we got spun off to have our own Fitness 19. I was really starting to second guess everything and starting thinking maybe this wasn't the route for us the more I learned about it. Within a few days of having these thoughts and contemplating everything and praying about, I get a call from Dave, my father-in-law, saying that one of his friends in their ward who he also does some business with, is looking for a bookkeeper/executive assistant to start right away and the only person Dave knew who did that was me, so he though he'd check with me. I was excited! I called the guy right away (His name is Rob Skinner) and he says he just felt inspired to call Dave and he wanted to meet me the following day. We meet, he says he want me to start as soon as possible working full-time and  at 3 dollars more an hour than I was making at Fitness 19. Jonathan and I decided that this was just what we needed as an answer to our prayer and since we were kind of a package deal together at Fitness 19 we both QUIT! It was kind of an ungly ending, they knew just what to say to guilt trip us, not to mention after making me feel guilty for only giving them a week 1/2 notice instead of a two week notice they go ahead and tell Jonathan two after quiting that they don't even want us to come back at all... but thats a whole other ordeal that I could vent about for an hour! Not that I'm complaing, I've got a much better gig now, and I am learning SO much and I feel appreciated and treated right. Plus they are super flexible with me and my schedule, so I still get to play lots too (like going to the lake)!
      Because of my new job, we were in the position that I made enough to cover all our monthly expenses so Jonathan was able to take a little risk and has now opened up his own Personal Training Studio in Eagle! We are so excited! My next post will be all about the start of ULTIMATE FITNESS!!!

So long F19, good experience, but glad to now be moving on!

5 comments:

  1. I miss seeing you guys around the gym!! It just isn't the same without you!! I am so excited for you guys and your new adventures!! I definitely need to stop bye and see your new gym!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, I miss seeing you too! I hope your operation:Moody Hotness is still coming a long great! I love that we are blogger friends! If you do stop by the gym make sure its a time when I'm there so I can see you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely do that. What times/days are you guys usually there??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonathan's there Mon-Fri from 6AM to around 6PM.. and I always stop by every evening around 4:30 to 5:30... so we'd love to catch up with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will make sure I pop in when you are there!!!

    ReplyDelete