title pic

title pic

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jake & Alissa's Wedding

 A few weekends ago, Jonathan and I were able to take off work that Saturday for Jonathan's best friend, Jake and his new wifey Alissa's wedding in Pocatello. So we decided to leave the night before and stay with friends in Rexburg so that we could be at the Idaho Falls temple in the morning for the sealing. We started the 5 hour drive and about 20 mins into it realized we had to turn back around because silly Jonathan forgot his Temple recommend! So almost an hour later we RE-start the drive (haha) and were on our way! I was so excited to get to rexburg and see my friends! It also was a very convienent weekend to go because one of my friends from GA, Jordan Foster, who started attending BYU in the fall came up to Rexburg to visit one of our other friends from GA, Shannon Oldroyd, so we got to catch up for a little while when I got into to the Freezing Cold Tundra Land! (minus my friends who I miss there, I do not miss Rexburg at all!!!) Anyways, so my sleepy husband only lasted about an hour 1/2 on the drive before I had to drive the rest of the way, I can't blame him though considering he was up at a rediculous hour that morning for some personal training, and then we finally made it! It was kind of weird though because it was the first night since we have been married that we didn't sleep in the same bed! We didn't have any married friends to stay with, so Jonathan stayed the night with his buddies, and I stayed the night (staying up talking till 3am!) with my girls! It was like we were single again, weird!!!

This would be J sleeeeeeeping!!!!

And this would be me, driving, at night, when I'm blind!
So in the morning we got ready and drove to Idaho Falls. It was the first time I was able to go to a sealing (other than my own) and it was awesome, I cried a little (haha what else is new)!! Then we took some pictures outside of the temple and congradualted the beautiful couple. Other than taking pictures outside of the temple, I was kind of a bad photographer for the weekend, I didn't get any pictures with my friends or of the luncheon and reception of the wedding so I failed!




Ryan & Courtney love birds:)


The BFF's!!!

So after the luncheon in pocatello, there was about 4 hours to spare, so we just had a double day date with another of my favorite couples ever, Ryan & Courtney! We basically just did a lot of shopping and killing time until the reception, but it was fun to spend time with them! (Can't wait to see yall over Thanksgiving break! And, Ryan, I know you feel so special right now that you were mentioned in my blog! haha)
So the reception turned out gorgeous, and after a fun, long day, Jonathan and I were back on the road home. He lasted only another hour 1/2 on the way back before I was stuck being chauffer the rest of the way... From now on I don't plan on doing many more roadtrips that involve driving at night ;)
We didn't actually even get a picture with the couple until a few weeks later at their open house in Eagle! But we are so happy for them & so excited to have another married couple to go on our married couples cruise one of these years!

No comments:

Post a Comment